A freshly sharpened pencil...a new box of colored pencils
add a stencil or two and...
Let the fun creations begin!
Your kitchen houses all types of stencils that can be used or created in minutes.
Try these common items as stencils.
- Plastic lids from food containers (cottage cheese, yogurt, butter/margarine) with a design cut out of the middle. Use cookie cutters to help create a design on the lid and and use a sharp utility knife on a cutting board to cut out the shape.The shape you cut out becomes a stencil as well as the lid itself. (shown in the photo above)
- The inside ring of the roll of masking or scotch tape (pictured in the center of the large circle stencil in the photo above).
- A pasta measurer (Shown in the upper middle of above picture. It has four holes.)
- The lids off of any container or bottle
- A plastic cup or plate
- Plastic storage containers and lids
- A food box that has a "window". Cut out the side of the box with the opening and then remove the cellophane covering the opening. This results in an instant stencil.
- Cookie Cutters make great stencils too!